Labels

Sunday 29 April 2012

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

To get feedback from my target audience on my ancillary tasks, including magazine cover and DVD cover, i created a survey. I chose to used survey monkey as it is anonymous, therefore i could expect more honest and fitting answers.


Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.


Results show:


100% of target audience thought my fonts were good.

100% of target audience thought my colour scheme was good

100% of target audience thought my layouts were suitable

100% of target audience thought my images worked well

100% of target audience thought my ancillary tasks were appropriate for children

An example of a positive comment on my ancillary tasks was the use of bright vibrant colours and the logo used. 

An example of a negative comment on my ancillary tasks was that the DVD cover looks bare

100% of target audience said 'maybe' to buying the magazine/DVD





Below is my target audience feedback survey on the main task alone. From doing this survey, i have got opinions and views of my products from the audience.


Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.

Results show:


100% of my respondents thought the show was 'very good'


100% of my respondents thought the theme tune worked well

100% of my respondents thought that the stereotypes worked well

100% of my respondents thought it was suitable for children

One example of positive feedback for my main task is the use of stereotypes

One example of negative feedback for my main task is that the logo is not used

100% of respondents said 'maybe' to watching the show.


There surveys helped me gain feedback from my audience as to which aspects they thought were positive and negative about all my products. Overall i received positive feedback on my products as all respondents thought my products worked well as well as also saying they were suitable for children.





I also used social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter) to share my work as another method of gaining audience feedback. I thought this was a good way of gaining feedback as you can collect information from a variety of different people. Also, as there are no closed questions, people are free to comment on what they like. As shown below, i asked people to say what they liked and disliked about my products.


Feedback i received from using social network sites were much more detailed than what i recieved from the surveys, for example:
- "Great use of editing. Makes it clear to people who the characters are and what they represent"
- "The Transitions are good and the music works well with the genre"
- "The products work well together and the vibrant colours make it seem more fun and show that the programme is aimed towards children."
- "All the characters are shown as happy and active, something that is very appealing for the audience as it makes the show more entertaining and shows that the characters are young"
- "The happy cast represent the show as lighthearted"
- "The DVD and magazine work well together because of the logo, the opening would have been better if it also had the logo but other than that it works well at appealing to the audience".

I also received some comments from other websites such as Youtube and Blogger:




From these responses i can conclude that the majority of my feedback was positive, however there were also some improvements that could be made. The responses tell me that the products work well together at appealing to my target audience, however that this would have been even stronger if i had used the logo in my visual audio media as well as my print based media. They believe that the vibrant colours and stereotypes will be able to effectively appeal to my target audience and that I have used a range of shot types and editing transitions within my main task. Improvements that I think could be made are Dean's character who could have been made slightly more clear in terms of what his stereotype was.

I also did a focus group in the early stages of my research where i asked my target audience about their thoughts on existing openings that were similar to mine, asking them to tell me what was good and bad about each opening. Using this feedback, i feel it made my product more successful as i could take their opinions into account in the making of my products, therefore making it more appealing to a wider audience.

I asked a group of 5 people aged between 10-16 two relevant questions after showing them my video, DVD cover and magazine cover. The questions i asked were:
1) What stands out in my products?
2) What could be improved?
Below is an example of 2 people from my focus group:






I found that what stood out in my opening was the way the characters were portrayed with different stereotypes as this helped the audience relate to each characters. Also the fact they were all smiling made the show seem more lighthearted and fun. However some improvements that could have been made were there should have been more shots around the school to make it seem more recognisable for the audience, and as well as this the shot where all the characters jump together does not work effectively as there are items in the way of the characters. I also found that the sequence could have lasted longer in order to engage the audience with the characters more.

No comments:

Post a Comment