Labels

Monday 30 April 2012

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


I took my photographs, for my ancillary tasks, with a digital video camera that i used for filming. I got a variety of shots and different angles to ensure that i had a range of photos to choose from for both my DVD and magazine covers. I had to choose the most suitable photos which would appeal most to my specific target audience of children, therefore the selected photos had to be eye catching and appealing. I took all the photos at school, trying to make them look as professional as possible, as this would make my products more appealing and the school setting would link in with my audio visual media. The pictures used for my covers needed to be minimalistic in order to ensure they were not too busy, therefore i chose pictures with a black background, enabling me to add more cover lines later on in my construction. This would make my products look more appealing.





In order to make my photos look even more appealing and professional, i needed to edit them. In order to do this I used an online editing programme called 'pixlr'. This programme is similar to 'Photoshop' and therefore easy to operate which allowed me to effectively edit and create my photos. The programme enabled me to get much more suitable photos which would be more effective and clear to the audience. During my editing, I airbrushed the photos to make my characters look more appealing, making my magazine look much more professional. I also enhanced the lighting to make my photos more vibrant and bright, again appealing to my target audience. Below is a picture of the software in use whilst editing a picture of Izzie that i would use for the magazine cover:




Below is the original and finished versions of this photo, displaying the difference that 'pixlr' had made.

original

finished version



No comments:

Post a Comment